CAREER PROGRESSION & ACCOMPLISHMENTS
College Mapping, Owner | 2008- present
Regional Occupational Program, Instructor & Advisor | 2003-2009
Amador Valley High School, Pleasanton Unified School District
Jim Cahill & Associates, Technology Recruiter & Career Coaching | 2001-2003
Highly passionate, creative and progressive college-career specialist. Recognized leader with 35 years of marketing, sales, consulting and teaching experience with a talent for assisting clients in building confidence, achieving the highest of goals and showcasing their talents.
Master of Business Admin., Marketing
Golden Gate University, San Francisco
Bachelor of Science, Business Admin.,
Management Information System
California Polytechnic State University, San Luis Obispo
Designated Subject Credential, Marketing, Business and Computer Applications
San Jose State University, San Jose
College Admission and Career Planning Certificate,
UC Berkeley Extension, Berkeley
Consulting Manager | 1998-2000
- Managed west coast delivery consultants including Project Mangers, SAP Consultants, ITSM and Resource Management. This included setting performance objectives, creating and driving development plans and performance management (salary/budget/expense control).
- Key member of development team; developing and delivering consulting skills workshops to new consultants.
E-Commerce Business Manager | 1997-1998
- As an innovator, I led new market opportunity for merging market, and electronic procurement. This included go-to market plans, outbound marketing, implementation programs and expanding opportunities for HP.
- Led the field integration of acquiring and assimilating Verifone worldwide services.
Recruiting & Development Manager | 1995-1997
- Developed and managed a process to quickly identify, hire and assimilate critical technical consultants in the US based delivery team. Lead member of recruiting process that led to over 300 new-hire consultants for FY96.
- Led the performance evaluation and development planning process for the USA SAP team.
- Managed the College Recruitment Program for the US Consulting Practice including on campus recruiting and integration of new hires into a 12-week training program.
Senior Business Developer | 1992-1995
- Led transition from service support organization to fee-based consulting through successful development of key target accounts.
- Managed large key consulting integration engagements including hardware/software, configuration and application integration.
- 1994 results: $1.2 million in consulting sales, $25 million hardware leveraged.
- 1993 results: $1 million consulting sales, $5 million hardware leveraged. Most Valuable Player, Consulting Sales Award.
Technical Consultant | 1989-1992
- Provide technical and industry expertise resulting in the successful sale, implementation and ongoing support of HP solutions.
- UNIX specialist, providing ongoing support management, and product upgrades.
Support Engineer | 1986-1987
- Liaison role between sales and manufacturing, communicating and coordinating all software releases. Managed all field reviews and Beta testing of software releases.
Programmer Analyst | 1984-1986
- Managed system maintenance activities for production applications. Participated in the design and development of new applications used in house.
- Tri-Valley Haven, Woman and Family Shelter – fundraising/event planning
- Las Positas Junior College – guest speaker on Career Options & Interviewing Style
- DECA- Judge at conferences, Coach for competitors